Div 1 Play Off Champions Cheetham Hill 1
Div 1 Play Off Runners Up The Northern 1
Div 2 Champions Southport & Birkdale 1
Div 3 Champions Fairways Lodge 1
Div 4 Champions Chester Rugby 3
Div 5 Champions Fairways Lodge 2
Dunlop NWCSL Team Of The Season Tattenhall 4
Dunlop NWCSL Player Of The Season Corin Maden
Click on the link below to view AGM Presentation
Warrington 1 NWCSL Division 1 2023 Champions
Congratulations to Warrington 1 winning their 7th consecutive NWCSL Division 1 Title
Dunlop NWCSL March Player and Team of the Month
Congratulations to Lorcan Bradley from Liverpool CC NWCSL Player of the Month Lorcan had a ranking increase of 49.6%
Congratulations to 315 Squash Club 4th team Dunlop NWCSL Team of the Month, Bury 3 had a ranking increase of 16.3%
NWCSL Community Day & Manchester Open 23
JOIN THE NWCSL END OF SEASON CELEBRATION & PRESENTATION DAY ON THE 18th MAY AT THE NATIONAL SQUASH CENTER MANCHESTER
THE DAY WILL INCLUDE SEATS ON THE MAIN SHOW COURT FROM START OF PLAY ON DAY 2 OF THE MANCHESTER OPEN. DON’T MISS OUT ON WHAT WILL BE A FANTASTIC DAY OF SQUASH WITH PLAYERS AND CLUBS FROM ACROSS THE NORTHWEST. ALL THIS FOR JUST £10 PRE- BOOK YOUR TICKET USING DISCOUNT CODE NWC10 BY FOLLOWING THE LINK BELOW
WE ARE ALSO DELIGHTED TO CONFIRM THE DIVISION 1 PLAY-OFF FINAL AND ALL THE DIVISIONAL FINALS WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 21ST MAY BEFORE THE MANCHESTER OPEN LADIES AND MEN’S FINALS
ENTRY TO THE NWCSL FINALS WILL BE FREE TO SPECTATORS
ENTRY TO THE MANCHESTER OPEN LADIES AND MENS FINAL WILL BE OFFERED TO NWCSL PLAYERS AT A DISCOUNT RATE OF 15% BY PRE-BOOKING AND USING DISCOUNT CODE NWCMO23. FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE TO BOOK YOUR SEATS
It is with great sadness that Rochdale CLS share with you that Darren Ogden sadly passed away quietly in his sleep Friday 10th March 2023. For those of us that were lucky enough to know Darren will know what a top top chap he was and will be sorely missed. He was a regular player in the NWCSL and for those who ever played him will know what a tough tough competitor he was, he played every point with a massive smile on his face and played the game in the greatest spirit never being on the wrong side of the ref. He always used his supreme fitness to generally gain an advantage by just running his opponents to exhaustion then smiling his way to victory. Next time you are on court or just having a beer on team night please have a thought for Darren and his family at this sad time.
Dunlop NWCSL March Player and Team of the Month
Congratulations to Lorcan Bradley from Liverpool CC NWCSL Player of the Month
Lorcan had a ranking increase of 49.6%
Congratulations to 315 4th team Dunlop NWCSL Team of the Month
Bury 3 had a ranking increase of 16.3%
ARE YOU USING THE RIGHT SQUASH BALL?
There are different factors that come into play when choosing which ball will be right for you. Click on the link below and read through Dunlop’s summary of ball types to help you decide which to choose.
Congratulations to Grove Park 2022 Division 1 Play-Off Champions
JOIN THE NWCSL COMMUNITY
Follow your’s, your team mates and friends performance click on the link or scan the QR code
ITS FREE AT ENTRY LEVEL
AS AN ADDED BONUS AS A NWCSL COMMUNITY MEMBER YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A 10% DISCOUNT ON SQUASH SKILLS
Click the link below
NWCSL Partner SquashLevels & SquashSkills
The NWCSL Committee is delighted to announce it will be partnering Squash Levels and Squash Skills to create the NORTH WEST COUNTIES SQUASH LEAGUE COMMUNITY.
As a registered NWCSL Player you will have access to the NWCSL Community on SquashLevels where you can track your personal performance, and that of Community members, by comparing it to other players.
Once the league can start up again and competitive matches take place, we plan to post:
- Teams of the week: Best 5 performing teams for each division. (Based on the improvement of the players in that team).
- Teams of the month: best 5 performing players for each division. (Based on the improvement of the players in that team).
- Overall team of the month: (Based on the overall ranking that month)
- Club of the month. (Based on the overall improvements of their players within the month)
- Player of the month across the whole league. (Based on the most overall improved player that month)
There will be tests from SquashSkills to take and compete against other community members.
You can upgrade your membership on SquashLevels as an England Squash & NWCSL Community Player to Gold or Platinum, discounted by 25% to £15 and £22.50 per year respectively, increasing access to more functionality such as your complete performance and skills history.
See links below to access the NWCSL Community
This link takes you to the NWCSL Community you will need to log in or create an account:
This link lists the entire NWCSL Community:
BACK TO SQUASH
GUIDANCE FROM ENGLAND SQUASH
Latest Update 27th August 2020
Guidance for clubs, venues and coaches
Find out about the return to play phases and download full guidance
Last update: 27 August 2020
Great news! From Tuesday 1 September squash clubs and venues in England are able to move to Phase 2 in our return to play plan, allowing players to form ‘squash bubbles’ and play full-court squash, although modifications and additional hygiene measures will be required.
What is a squash bubble?
A bubble consists of a maximum of six players. Players can only be part of one bubble at a time.
Players within the bubble can play full-court matches but with the following modifications and hygiene measures;
- Only two players on court at one time.
- Play best of three games.
- Play first to 11 points, sudden-death at 10-all.
- Use ‘Sides’ as a way to maintain social distancing throughout the warm-up.
- During each game, when the first player reaches five points, both players should wipe away excessive sweat, sanitise their hands and the ball. Repeat between games.
- The same player to serve / touch the ball during each half of a game, and at the halfway point, switch servers.
- Players must wear protective eyewear or visor.
- Players must not touch the court walls.
- Players are not allowed to shout or raise their voice.
The club/venue must maintain all current processes around social distancing and the maximum number of people allowed in your club at any one time, as well as your already enhanced hygiene and cleaning processes.
How to introduce squash bubbles at your club/venue
- We strongly recommend that you review the risk assessment that you undertook when re-opening your club, and update it in line with any changes of circumstances and the introduction of squash bubbles.
- The club/venue’s COVID-19 officer must take responsibility for managing squash bubbles.
- Establish and communicate the process for players to sign up to, or be allocated to, a bubble.
- Maintain an up to date list of players (including relevant contact details) in each bubble and ensure players are only part of one bubble at a time (I.e. they cannot play across multiple bubbles).
- Ensure you get players’ written agreement confirming that they will follow the https://www.englandsquash.com/back-to-squash/guidance-for-players.
- If a player wishes to switch bubbles, they must take a 7-day break from playing the full version of the game before joining a different bubble. ‘Sides’ or socially distanced practices can be played during this 7-day break.
What if a player in a bubble develops COVID-19 symptoms?
- Follow the England Squash guidance and your club’s protocol for members/players with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Players from the bubble that have been in contact with the symptomatic player within the seven days prior must self-isolate and undertake tests as per Government guidelines, even if they exhibit no symptoms themselves, until it has been determined whether or not the symptomatic player has tested positive or negative.
- Players within the bubble can resume play if the COVID-19 test proves negative.
Example activities that can take place with squash bubbles
- Box leagues – Players within a bubble can play full-court matches in a box league. Players can switch bubbles after seven days of socially distant squash, meaning players can move into different box leagues.
- Group coaching – coaching full-court play with players from the same bubble, with up to six players across three courts. (Further guidance for coaches to follow.)
- Casual / pay and play –players from within a squash bubble can play full-court matches
- Social distancing must be maintained off-court even within a squash bubble.
- Coaches must maintain social distancing from members/players at all times, and wear a face covering at all times (unless undertaking strenuous physical exercise).
Last update: 23 July 2020 – Version 2
England Squash has published full guidance for clubs, venues and coaches for the return to play. This guidance is based on the latest UK Government guidelines for leisure facilities and has been produced in collaboration with partners and other governing bodies from across the sector.
Please download and use the most up-to-date version below (Version 2, released on 23/07/20) rather than previous versions. We expect that there will be further amendments and updates to our guidance in the weeks ahead and advise that you check back regularly to ensure you are viewing the latest version. Significant updates will be communicated by email and social media.
In order to reopen, clubs and venues are obliged to ensure that they have completed a comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment:
We hope you are all safe and well.
As you may have seen, England Squash has this week published full guidance for clubs, venues and coaches for the return to squash. This is obviously great news and well received.
The guidance is substantive and has been published for the return to play ahead of courts opening in England on 25 July. It is based on the latest UK Government guidelines.
We as a committee have reviewed the guidance and endorse it in its entirety for clubs in the North West Counties Squash League.
Here is a link to the guidance for your reference.
With regards to a return to competitive action, we regrettably have no further update following our most recent statement. It remains the position that the recommencement of the 19/20 season is contingent on Government and England Squash guidance. By way of reminder, we have imposed a cut-off date of 14 December to have completed the 19/20 season. We will of course keep you updated as and when further guidance is circulated from our governing body.
Stay safe and best wishes